UNLOCKING IN THE COUNTRY-
The process of unlocking is steadily proceeding forward in the country. The state government and the central government are providing relaxations in the restrictions implanted in the states and country because of the uncontrollable increase in the number of covid-19 cases. But now, as the situation is under control, the governments have provided relaxation.
The markets, malls, offices, and many other places are now allowed to be open for a certain time during the day. Due to this, people are coming out of their homes. This has led to an increase in the number of vehicles on the roads in the country.
CASES REGARDING NOT WEARING HELMETS IN 2021-
- A total of 2.79 lakh cases were recorded against motorists not wearing helmets in the country from April 2021 to 15th June 2021.
- Although the fine for not wearing helmets is Rs 200 only, it is not a matter to be taken lightly.
UNLOCKING IN PUNE-
The partial unlock in Pune has just begun from 14th June 2021. The situation is the same in Pune as in the other parts of the country as the unlocking is gearing up. People are seen outside during the allotted time.
- But, with the increase in the number of people, the cases regarding violation of the traffic rules are also increasing in Pune.
- According to a report by the traffic police department in Pune amongst all the violations, cases regarding not wearing helmets are the highest in the city.
- More than 28,000 people were fined for not wearing helmets from 16th June 2021 to 20th June 2021 in Pune.
- Rahul Shrirame said that around 9000 to 10,000 cases of not wearing helmets are not reported
MOTOR VEHICLE ACT (AMENDED)-
The cases regarding helmet violations are increasing at a rapid rate.
- In the amended Motor Vehicle Act, the fine for not wearing helmets may be increased up to Rs 1000.
- The amended Motor Vehicle Act, which is yet to be implemented in the city, is considered as one of the measures the Pune traffic department will take.
Because of the prevailing situation in the country, the police department’s main focus was on keeping a check on people not wearing masks. So, when the cases of not wearing helmets increased rapidly in a matter of days, the Pune traffic department decided to take measures to punish the violators.