CASES OF ENCROACHMENTS IN NAGPUR-
The cases of encroachments have been increasing lately in Nagpur. To deal with the encroachers the Nagpur Municipal Corporation, the Anti-encroachers Department and the Nagpur Traffic Police Department have decided to start a special drive against the encroachers in Nagpur. This is a drive that will be jointly conducted by these departments to remove the encroachers from across the city.
WHAT IS ENCROACHMENT?
Encroachers are people who illegally capture lands and use them for their benefit. These are the cases that are often seen near the roadsides, on the sides of the rivers, and in many such areas. Not only is encroachment not legal, but it also creates a lot of different problems.
- The most common instances that can be seen are near the roads. The areas on the side of the roads are often blocked by encroachers.
- This makes the edges of the roads congested and creates traffic jams.
- Due to the blocked roads, pavements cannot be made, which makes the edges of the roads a lot congested.
SPECIAL DRIVE AGAINST THE ENCROACHERS IN NAGPUR-
- Dayashankar Tiwari, the Mayor of Nagpur, on 25th June 2021, held a meeting with the heads of the Nagpur Municipal Corporation, the Traffic Police Department, and the Anti-encroachers Department regarding the issue.
- He also announced that from 28th June 2021, the drive will begin against encroachers in Nagpur.
- The meeting was attended by many officials including Ram Joshi Deputy Commissioner Mahesh Moroney Traffic Police Inspector, Prakash Warade, Ashoke Patil, Ganesh Rathod the assistant Municipal Commissioners, and many more.
TAKE OF LEADERS REGARDING ENCROACHMENTS-
Recently, Tanaji Wave, an opposition leader has shown a light on the fact that there are various non-authorized second-hand vehicles shops on the roadsides.
- The number of such shops is high in the Baidyanath Chowk and Jagnade Chowk.
- To this, the Mayor replied that the Nagpur Municipal Corporation has no authority to deal with these owners, but with the help of the Nagpur police the matter can be resolved.