The farmer’s protest has been going on for quite some time now. Due to this, the traffic conditions in the nearby areas have to suffer a lot. As lockdown was implemented and not many people were seen outside, the people did not have to suffer because of the traffic caused by the protest. But, now as the unlocking has already been initiated and people have to come outside because of work and other purposes, traffic causes a lot of trouble to the people.
TRAFFIC JAMS CAUSED BECAUSE OF THE PROTEST-
The farmer’s protest that has been going on has caused a massive traffic jam on the Ludhiana-Delhi highway.
- The protest was done by temporary employees seeking regularization and was joined by the Union farmers.
- This caused a traffic jam on the highway blocking many vehicles.
- The motor vehicles were stuck in the traffic.
- Long queues of vehicles were formed as no vehicle could pass because of blockage.
- The passengers stuck in the long queues were furious as they were stuck in traffic when people are allowed outside for only a limited time during the day.
- Due to the traffic, it took motorists double the time to reach the destination.
- And with the hot weather, the conditions of the passengers stuck in the traffic worsened.
EFFORTS OF THE TRAFFIC POLICE TO CLEAR THE JAMS-
To deal with the massive traffic jam on the Ludhiana Delhi highway, teams of traffic police officers were deployed in the area. The traffic police had to take a lot of measures to clear the traffic soon.
- The traffic police had to divert the motor vehicles that were stuck in the traffic jams at Samrala Chowk to service lanes near Dhandari Kalan, Sahnewal, Doraha, and Khanna.
- As only one lane of the highway could be used for both directions, traffic jams extended for a long time and area.
- The police too had several problems clearing the traffichttps://challanstatus.co.in/e-challan/ because of the ongoing protests.