PANDEMIC IN INDIA-
The country has been recently hit very badly by the second wave of covid. And the entire country was under complete lockdown, until very recently. As the spread of the covid-19 has come under control, the government is giving relaxation gradually. But with this, the cases of violations are also increasing.
As the partial unlocking process has begun in the country, more and more public are seen outside. With the increase in the time limit that the government provided in Delhi, the number of vehicles on the roads is also increasing. But, so are the cases regarding traffic violations in Delhi.
RAPID INCREASE IN THE CASES OF TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS-
According to the traffic police department in Delhi, the total number of challans issued in Delhi to traffic violators was around 77,000 challans.
- But as the government has allowed unlocking, the number of challans issued has drastically increased up to 1.3 lakhs in June.
- The rise in the issue of challans increased by 66% in a matter of few days.
- According to the Delhi Traffic Police, more than 35,000 challans were issued against traffic violators between 21st June 2021 to 26th June 2021.
- On 27th June 2021, the number of challans issued was 6,500, this was the highest number of challans issued in two months.
- In the last two weeks all the markets, shops, offices, restaurants, and bars have been allowed to open with a capacity of 50%.
The number of challans issued when only manufacturing units were allowed was around 3800. When shops were allowed to open on an odd-even basis, the number increased to 4192 challans. The number of challans has now increased up to 5900 on a daily basis.