For quite a few months now, there was very less traffic running on the roads. But, as the unlocking has begun there are more and more people that can be seen outside. With many relaxations that are now granted to the people in the country, the traffic has also increased relatively. With the increase in traffic on the roads of the country, traffic violations, congestion, and many other issues related to traffic have also increased. Hence, the traffic department is taking different to deal with such issues.
FORMATION OF TRAFFIC COMMITTEES IN NASHIK-
Nashik has four traffic units in the city. Unit 1 covers Panchavati, Adgaon, and Mahsrool Police station. Unit 2 covers Bhadrakali, Sarkarwada, Gangapur, and Mumbai Naka police stations. Unit 3 covers Satpur, Ambad, Indiranagar police stations. Unit 4 covers Upnagar, Nashik road, and Deolali camp police stations.
The Nashik police department has decided to form two traffic panels to deal with and solve the traffic problems more easily and fast.
- These committees will deal with various traffic-related problems like parking concerns, traffic congestions, one-way roads, no-parking issues, one-way roads, no entry lanes, and many more.
- The two committees that will be set up are the Traffic Advisory Committee and the Decision Making Committee.
- The officials mentioned that these committees will be formed before August 14th this year.
THE TRAFFIC ADVISORY COMMITTEE-
- The Traffic Advisory Committee will be working at the traffic unit level.
- The Traffic Advisory committee will be lead by the traffic unit in charge, who will be the acting president.
- The other officials of the traffic department, self-governing local bodies will be the members of this committee.
- The Decision Making Committee will be working at the police commissionerate level.
- This committee will be lead by Police Commissioner Deepak Pandey.
- The DCP will be the vice-president.
- And the DCPs of Zone 1 and Zone 2 as the member secretary.