At a time like this, it is very important that every person takes a part in eradicating the covid-19. Large vaccination camps are set up by the government all over the country to eliminate the deadly disease from the country. Amidst this, Hyderabad has conducted the largest vaccination drive.
VACCINATION DRIVE IN HYDERABAD-
Hyderabad started the biggest vaccination drive on the 6th of June 2021, a Sunday. The drive began at 8 o’clock in the morning and continued till 9 p.m. at night.
- The vaccination drive was held at the Hitex Exhibition Ground, Madhapur. People in huge crowds were seen there from the morning to get vaccinated.
- The vaccination drive has been jointly conducted by the Cyberabad Police Department, the Society for Cyberabad Security Council, and Medicover Hospital to vaccinate all the people above the age of 18 years.
- Over 500 Vaccination counters were set up by the Cyberabad Police Department for the Vaccination Drive.
- There were emergency wards set up, refreshments, nursing centers for lactating mothers, and many more facilities were arranged.
COST OF THE VACCINE PROVIDED-
- The Bharat Biotech developed the vaccine, Covaxin, which is being used for this Vaccination Drive in Hyderabad.
- The price of the vaccine is Rs 1400, Rs140 included for the administration purpose.
DRIVE LED TO A HEAVY TRAFFIC-
- People of Hyderabad lined up from 6 a.m. for the Vaccination Drive that was supposed to start at 8 a.m.
- With people rushing towards the vaccination center at Hitex Exhibition ground, the roads leading up to there were fully jammed. The road jam stretched up to a few kilometers.
- Despite 6th June 2021, being a Sunday, the roads were blocked since early morning just because of the Vaccination Drive that was conducted there.
- The busiest traffic was recorded during the daytime and was considerably light during the nighttime.
There was more than 1600 medical staff in the Vaccination drive, which included doctors, nurses, and other volunteers. Around 5000 Police Personnel were deployed in the vaccination Drive. They were responsible for the smooth execution of the Vaccination drive there.
SCSC general secretary Krishna Yedula, Medicover Group of Hospitals executive director Hari Krishna and Rangareddy DMHO Dr. Swarajya Lakshmi, and many others visited the Vaccination Drive in Hyderabad.