EXTENSION OF THE MOTOR VEHICLE DOCUMENTS-
The government extended the validity of the Motor Vehicle Documents till 30th June 2021. This decision was taken due to the pandemic situation going on in the country.
- This is the fifth time the Ministry has allowed the extension during the lockdown. The first extension regarding the Motor Vehicles documents was allowed in March
- The Ministry further stated that this might be the final extension provided by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- After this, the vehicle owners will be needed to renew their vehicle documents as per the guidelines given by the Ministry.
Seeing the current situation and to help prevent the further spread of the covid-19 disease, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highway has asked all the State and the Central government to accept all the above-mentioned Motor vehicle documents till 30th June 2021.
DOCUMENTS COME UNDER THE EXTENSION-
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) said that they are extending the validity of the following Motor Vehicles documents:
- Driving license
- Permit (all types)
- Vehicle registration
Apart from the above-mentioned documents, the government has also extended the validity of any Motor Vehicle document that falls under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and the Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989.
AIM OF EXTENDING THE VALIDITY DATES-
- Extending the validity of the Motor Vehicle documents was allowed so that the Regional Transportation offices (RTO) will not be overburdened throughout the country.
- This will also help in curbing the spread of the covid-19 disease.
- The government also made certain RTO service guidelines that can help vehicle owners to solve problems online.