AMENDED MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
The amended Motor Vehicles Act will come into force from April 2022. Many changes and additions are done in the Motor Vehicles Act that will be made mandatory for everyone to follow after its enforcement.
- One of its special features is that each and every motor vehicle that will be running on the roads will be required to get a registration during the time of purchase.
- This will be made mandatory in the next year.
- After which, no vehicles will be allowed to run on roads without having proper documents.
The government has also launched a new app called “Vahan”. This app helps people to deal with any kind of work-related motor vehicle in India.
- Registrations of vehicles that were not done previously can now be done via Vahan.
- Vahan is a very user-friendly app that people can use from anywhere.
- It has features that allow paperless and faceless work.
- Not only that, but the HSRP and the registrations cards are delivered to the motorists within a few hours of registration.
MEETING TO DISCUSS THE REGISTRATION OF VEHICLES-
- A delegation of the Federal Automobiles Dealers Association had a meeting with the Transport Commissioner in Bhopal to deal.
- This meeting was specifically regarding motor vehicles and the implementation of the amended Motor vehicles Act.
- The delegation mentioned that there are many vehicles especially in Madhya Pradesh that were purchased before March 2017.
- The payment of these vehicles was made but they still have not got their vehicle’s registration numbers.
- Most of the states in the country are using the Vahan app to get the registration numbers of the vehicles.
- Hence, to deal with this, the delegation suggested that the motorists along with the dealers who have sold the vehicles should be penalized for not having registrations.
- He also suggested that instead of annual renewal of trade certificates, it can be done every five years keeping in mind the interests of the automobile dealers as well.