TRAFFIC IN CITIES-
In major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and many others, traffic remains one of the biggest problems every day. There are thousands of motor vehicles running on the roads of such cities and there are many problems that lead to traffic.
Since a partial lockdown is implemented in the country the number of motor vehicles is relatively very less compared to normal days. But, nonetheless, there are ample numbers of vehicles on the roads, especially in cities.
WATERLOGGING IN KOLKATA-
Recently, Kolkata has been facing a lot of heavy rainfall. The heavy rainfall in the city has created a couple of problems for the citizens in the city but one of the major issues is caused due to waterlogging.
- There is waterlogged everywhere in the city because of the continuous heavy rainfall that Kolkata has been facing.
- And in turn, the water logging has caused the traffic to slow down. Due to the partial lockdown, people are allowed outside only for a limited time during the day, and the traffic due to the waterlogging caused a lot of time from the people.
AREAS WORST AFFECTED-
- Areas that were worst affected by the problem of waterlogging in Kolkata are Lake Gardens, Jodhpur Park, Dhakuria, Babu Bagan, Behala Ekbalpore, and many more.
- Behala Ekbalpore was one of the places where the waterlogging was the worst. Most of the places where water was logged caused the traffic to slow down very much.
- As the traffic was very slow, the vehicles were made to divert to different routes.
- KMC had then started the process of clearing out the standing water caused by heavy rainfall. The waterlogged was then drained out using big pumps and pipes.
“Mominpore crossing was unable to handle this pressure in the morning and vehicles accumulated all the way back up to Majerhat Bridge,” said the ACP.