MONSOON IN DELHI-
The monsoon is prevailing over many parts of the country. The heavy rainfall is causing a lot of trouble in places experiencing the rainfall. There can be seen waterlogging and flood in many areas, making it difficult for the people in those areas. Heavy rainfall was seen in Delhi on 8th August 2021. The heavy rainfall led to waterlogging in many parts of the city. Due to this, the traffic in the capital city had to suffer a lot. Traffic congestion could be seen everywhere.
EFFECT OF HEAVY RAINFALL ON TRAFFIC-
- The traffic police department in Delhi had already released an announcement informing the local public about the heavy rainfall in Delhi.
- They mentioned the places and the Metro station that will not be available due to waterlogging.
- Their tweet mentioned that both the roads from the Rajdhani Park Metro Stations and from Tikri towards Peeragarhi were waterlogged.
- This caused the people in Delhi to suffer a lot because of the blockages on the roads.
- Due to the blockages on the road, the traffic in Delhi was slowed down extensively on Sunday.
- The public seen on the roads reduced because the waterlogging made it difficult for the motorists to run on the roads smoothly.
- The traffic department took various steps to keep the smooth flowing of the traffic.
CHANGE IN WEATHER IN DELHI-
- The weather in Delhi was also affected due to the continuous heavy rainfall.
- According to the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD), the minimum temperature that was recorded on 8th August 2021 was 26.8 degrees Celsius.
- The Relative Humidity was recorded to be 83 % on the same day as well.
- The Indian Meteorological Department also said that the level of rainfall recorded in the last 24 hours in the capital city was 7mm.