ARRIVAL OF MONSOON IN NEW DELHI-
New Delhi has been experiencing heavy rainfall this time of the year now. The monsoon rainfall in Delhi has been continuing non-stop. This has caused the rainwater to waterlogging in many areas of the capital city. The local people are facing a lot of trouble because of this.
HEAVY RAINFALL IN DELHI-
Not long ago were people allowed to come out as the government has issued many relaxations to the public. Because of the spread of the covid-19, people were not allowed outside, but now a time limit is given when shops, markets, offices, malls may open.
- Delhi’s Safdarjung Observatory recorded rainfall of about 2.5 cm from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. on 13th July 2021.
- Rainfall of 1.3 cm was recorded in areas of Ayanagar, Palam, Lodi Road, and the Ridge on the same day, i.e. 13th July 2021.
IMPACT OF HEAVY RAINFALL ON TRAFFIC-
But, the rainfall has become a great hindrance to such people. The waterlogging caused due to heavy rainfall has caused a lot of trouble to the traffic in New Delhi.
- The waterlogged roads slowed down the motor vehicles by a great deal.
- This caused the people a lot of time.
- The motorists were facing a lot of trouble driving on the water-logged
- The waterlogging could not be easily cleared because of the ill-equipped drainage systems.
- The underpass in Delhi’s Prahladpur was severely waterlogged.
- It could be seen that the water level reached up to the knee level of the bikers.
- The AIIMS Flyover was also waterlogged very badly.
- Motorists in Dhaula Kuan had to suffer because of the traffic jams caused due to heavy rainfall.