DRIVING UNDER INFLUENCE OF INTOXICATED SUBSTANCE-
Driving under the influence of alcohol or any kind of intoxication is one of the most serious offenses. Driving requires full concentration or else it may lead to fatal road accidents. But, many times people seem to violate this rule. In a report submitted by the traffic police department, many accidents happen because the motorist was under the influence of intoxicating substances.
SECTION 185 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
After the Motor Vehicles Act amendment, the punishment for driving under any kind of intoxicated influence has been made stricter.
- Rules for driving under the influence of alcohol or other similar substance is mentioned under Section 185 of the Motor Vehicles Act.
- Before the amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act, the punishment if found driving under the influence of alcohol was Rs. 2,000.
- Now the punishment for driving under any kind of intoxicated influence is Rs. 10,000 and/or imprisonment of 6 months for the first time.
- For second and subsequent violation of this rule, the punishment is a fine of Rs. 15,000 and/or imprisonment for 2 years.
STRICT CHECKING AGAINST DRINKING AND DRIVING IN DELHI-
- The traffic police department in Delhi has become stricter regarding this rule.
- They conduct surprise checks in different parts of the city to ensure that the people are not driving under the influence of an intoxicating substance.
- If a person is found driving under any sort of intoxication, they are challaned and punished accordingly.
PAY FINE IN DELHI-
The violator will need to pay their fines, which can be done either online or in any Delhi police booths.
- To pay the fine online, the violator will need to go to the following website https://delhitrafficpolice.nic.in/notice/pay-notice
- They will now need to enter the necessary details asked.
- Select the payment method to finish the process.
- After the payment is successful, a confirmation message will be sent to the registered mobile number.