SPEEDING AND RACING IN PUBLIC PLACES-
Exceeding the speed limit is dangerous for the driver and is also dangerous for other motorists. The speed limit is set and every motorist is expected to drive within the speed limit only. Overspeeding and racing on roads may lead to the motorist losing control of the motor vehicle and may cause fatal road accidents.
SECTION 189 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
- Under Section 189 of the Motor Vehicles Act, overspeeding and racing in public places is prohibited.
- If a motorist needs to take part in any race or speed trial of vehicles in public places, a written permit from the state government is necessary.
- If the motorist does not have any written permission from the state government then it is illegal.
- The violator will then be challaned and will be fined 5,000 and/or 3 months of imprisonment for the first-time offense.
- For second or subsequent violations the fines will be Rs. 10,000 and/or 1 year of imprisonment and community service.
VIOLATION OF SPEEDING AND RACING IN DELHI-
- Previously if a person was caught speeding and racing in public places in Delhi, they would challan the violator and fine them with Rs. 500.
- But the cases of racing and speeding are increasing day by day leading to many accidents.
- With the help of the CCTV cameras installed in Delhi, it has now become easier to catch such violators in Delhi.
- The identified violator is then sent e-challan through the e-challan system.
PAY FINE IN DELHI-
The violator can now also pay their fines online through the official website launched by the Delhi traffic police department.
- Firstly, you will need to visit the official website by clicking on the following link https://delhitrafficpolice.nic.in/notice/pay-notice
- Next, enter all the necessary details on the screen.
- Select the payment process and enter the amount.
- After the payment is successful, you will receive a confirmation message on your mobile number.