DRINKING AND DRIVING VIOLATION-
Drinking and driving are one of the most serious offenses. There are very strict rules that prohibit motorists from drinking and driving. Drinking and driving may lead to road accidents that may be fatal. According to a report submitted by the traffic police department in India, a large percentage of road accidents are because of drinking and driving. Drinking causes motorists to lose concentration and this causes serious repercussions.
SECTION 185 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
The rules and regulations regarding driving under influence of any kind of intoxicating substance are mentioned under Section 185 of the Motor Vehicles Act.
- Previously, if any person was found drinking and driving, the violator was issued a challaned and fines of Rs. 2,000.
- The number of cases for drinking and driving was increasing rapidly, hence, changes were made in Section 185.
- After the amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act, the fine amount for drinking and driving was increased from Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 10,000, and/or imprisonment of 6 months, for the first-time offense.
- For the second and consecutive offense, the punishment is Rs. 15000, and/or imprisonment up to 2 years.
DRINKING AND DRIVING VIOLATIONS IN AHMEDABAD-
Ahmedabad is one of the bigger cities in the county.
- This also implies that the traffic violations in Ahmedabad are high in number.
- The traffic police are conducting very strict checks at various checkpoints for motorists that are drinking and driving.
- The traffic police issue e-challan instantly to the violators on spot.
- They can either pay their fines online or offline.
PAY FINES ONLINE IN AHMEDABAD-
- To pay the fines online in Ahmedabad, the violator will first need to visit https://payahmedabadechallan.org/
- Now, the violator will need to enter their vehicle number asked, and click on the ‘Go’ option.
- A list of all the challans issued to the entered vehicle number will appear on the screen.
- Choose the challan for which the payment needs to be done.
- Enter all the necessary details.
- Select the payment option to complete the payment.
- After the completion of the payment, the violator will receive a confirmation message on their mobile number.