DRINKING AND DRIVING-
Drinking and driving are some of the most serious offenses according to the Motor Vehicles Act. This is because drinking and drinking put the driver at risk and put other motorists in danger. Driving requires concentration, and drinking causes the drivers to lose concentration. This may result in dangerous road accidents. Many road accidents that have occurred were because one of the motorists involved in the accident was intoxicated.
SECTION 185 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
- Section 185 of the Motor Vehicles Act mentions the rules and regulations for drinking and driving.
- If a person is caught drinking and driving then he/she will be challaned and will be fined Rs. 10,000.
- They may also be imprisonment for up to 6 months.
- For a second and subsequent offense, the fine will be Rs. 15,000, and/or imprisonment for 2 years.
- Before the amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act, the fine was Rs. 2,000.
INCREASING CASES OF DRINKING AND DRIVING IN CHENNAI-
The traffic police department in Chennai has become stricter regarding offenses for drinking and driving.
- They conduct surprise checks at various checkpoints throughout the city.
- These steps are taken to curb the increasing traffic violations in Chennai.
- Curbing traffic violations will also help reduce road accidents to a certain level.
- The violators can pay fines online and offline in Chennai.
PAY FINES ONLINE IN CHENNAI-
- To pay fine online in Chennai, the violator will first need to visit the official website by clicking https://eservices.tnpolice.gov.in/CCTNSNICSDC/Index?0
- Go to the ‘E-payment of traffic challan’ option.
- Enter the necessary details asked on the screen.
- Select the payment process to continue further.
- After the payment is successful, the violator will receive a confirmation message on their registered mobile number.