DRINKING AND DRIVING VIOLATION-
Driving any kind of motor vehicle requires concentration. Drivers are needed to be in a correct mindset while driving. If drivers drive under the influence of any intoxicating substances, then this may result in fatal accidents. This is why there are strict rules regarding drinking and driving. Despite the strict rules and regulations imposed on driving under any kind of intoxication, there is a large number of cases recorded by the traffic police department under this.
SECTION 185 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
Under Section 185 of the Motor Vehicles Act, the rules and regulations regarding driving under influence of any kind of intoxicating substance are mentioned.
- Previously, if any person was found drinking and driving, the violator was issued a challaned and fines of Rs. 2,000.
- After the amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act, the fine amount for drinking and driving was increased from Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 10,000, and/or imprisonment of 6 months, for the first-time offense.
- For the second and consecutive offenses, the punishment is Rs. 15000, and/or imprisonment up to 2 years.
WHAT TO DO IF FOUND DRINKING AND DRIVING IN KOLKATA-
Kolkata is one of the most populated cities in India. The traffic in Kolkata is also increasing rapidly.
- The traffic police department in Kolkata also reports high traffic violations on a daily basis.
- Among the total traffic violations, a large section of the cases is regarding drinking and driving.
- The traffic police department in Kolkata is also taking strict measures to curb drinking and driving violations.
- With the e-challan system that is being actively implemented throughout the country, the public is also being provided various features.
- The fines can now be cleared by the violators online.
- The motorist can also check if there are any pending challans issued in the vehicle’s number.
PAY FINE ONLINE IN KOLKATA-
- The motorist will first need to go to the official website of the Kolkata traffic police department by clicking on http://www.wbtrafficpolice.com/online-fine-payments-via-grips.php
- Then click on the ‘Pay Now’ option that will be available on the screen.
- The motorist will be asked to enter various details.
- Select the payment option, and the payment will be completed.
- After the completion of the process, a message of confirmation will be sent to the motorist’s registered mobile number.