DRINKING AND DRIVING-
Driving implies that the driver is responsible for the safety of the other fellow passengers travelling in the motor vehicles. This means that the driver should be driving in full concentration. And one of the things that any motorist should be careful about is being in the right mind while driving. Every motorist should avoid drinking and driving. This may lead to road accidents that may cause other motorists to lose their lives as well.
SECTION 185 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
After the amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act, the punishment for driving under any kind of intoxicated influence has been made stricter.
- Rules for driving under the influence of alcohol or other similar substance is mentioned under Section 185 of the Motor Vehicles Act.
- Before the amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act, the punishment if found driving under the influence of alcohol was Rs. 2,000.
- The rules and punishment for drinking and driving have been made strict, seeing the increasing cases of drinking and driving.
- Now the punishment for driving under any kind of intoxicated influence is Rs. 10,000 and/or imprisonment of 6 months for the first time.
- For second and subsequent violation of this rule, the punishment is a fine of Rs. 15,000 and/or imprisonment for 2 years.
INCREASE IN DRINKING AND DRIVING VIOLATIONS IN LUDHIANA-
- After the unlocking began, the traffic violations in the country increased rapidly.
- The Ludhiana traffic police are conducting constant checks in the entire city, to curb the violations.
- If the cases of drinking and driving decrease, then the chances of road accidents happening due to this will also reduce to a certain extent.
- The violators are charged heftily in Ludhiana.
- The violators can pay their fines offline in any traffic police booth or online.
PAY FINES ONLINE IN LUDHIANA-
- To pay the fines online, the violator will need to visit the official website of the Ludhiana traffic police by going to http://126.96.36.199/challan/
- Now, enter all the details asked on the screen, and click on the search button below.
- Select the challan for which the payment has to be made from the list of all challans on the screen. Choose the payment option.
- After the payment is successful, a confirmation message will be sent to the violator’s mobile number.