A driver’s license is a must document that every motorist needs to carry with them. A driver’s license is a document that registers the person holding it as an authorized driver. The driver’s license denotes the fact that the person under whose name the license is, can drive anywhere in the country.
- Although, keeping the driver’s license with oneself is a must, there are people who are found driving motor vehicles with no driving license.
- In Kolkata alone, there are many cases found where drivers are driving motor vehicles with no driver’s license.
- The traffic police in Kolkata are taking strict actions against such violators.
SECTION 181 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
- Rules regarding drivers driving without a driver’s license are mentioned in Section 181 of the Motor Vehicles Act.
- The section clearly mentions that if a person is found driving a motor vehicle without a driver’s license, then the motorist will be challaned, and will be charged a fine of Rs. 5,000.
- The fine was increased from Rs. 500 to Rs. 5,000 after the amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act.
- In some cases, the violators may also be asked to do some community service.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF FOUND WITHOUT A LICENSE IN KOLKATA-
The traffic police department in Kolkata conducts surprise checks at various checkpoints in Kolkata. And if a motorist is found without their driver’s license strict action is taken against them. The Kolkata traffic police have also launched a website through which the violators can check the status of their challans and pay their fines online.
- For this, the motorist will need to go to their official website by clicking on http://www.wbtrafficpolice.com/online-fine-payments-via-grips.php
- Now, the motorist will need to click on the ‘Pay Now’ option that will appear on the homepage of the website.
- Enter all the necessary details asked.
- Select the payment process.
- After the payment is successful, the motorist will receive a confirmation message on their mobile phone numbers.