DRIVING WITHOUT A DRIVER’S LICENSE-
One of the very first documents that any motorist needs to show during any checking is their driver’s license. The driver’s license is one of the documents that every motorist must carry with them. The driver’s license is a document that proves that the motorist holding the license is legally fit to drive a motor vehicle. The motorist should always carry their driver’s license, no matter which state they are driving a motor vehicle in.
SECTION 181 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
- The rules and guidelines for driving without a driver’s license are clearly stated under Section 181 of the Motor Vehicles Act.
- The section also mentions the punishment that the violator will have to face.
- If any person is found driving without a driver’s license, the motorist will be challaned and will have to pay a fine of Rs. 5,000.
- The fine amount for driving without a license was very less, but seeing the increasing violation, the traffic authorities increased the fine amount.
- This amount was increased from Rs. 500 to Rs. 5,000 after the amendment of the Motor vehicles Act.
- In Delhi, the violator can also be asked to do community service for this offence.
The Ahmedabad traffic police have also recorded a high number of motorists who were driving without a license. On inquiry, the traffic police found out that many violators were not legally authorized to drive any motor vehicle. This not only puts the violators at risk but also other motorists. Hence, strict action is being taken against such violators. A hefty fine is implemented. E-challans are issued instantly against such violations. The violators can pay their fines online and offline.
PAY FINES ONLINE IN AHMEDABAD-
- To pay the fines online in Ahmedabad, the violator will first need to visit https://payahmedabadechallan.org/
- The violator will then need to enter their vehicle number asked, and click on the ‘Go’ option.
- A list of all the challans issued to the entered vehicle number will appear on the screen.
- Choose the challan for which the payment needs to be done.
- Enter all the necessary details asked.
- Select the payment option to complete the payment.
- After the completion of the payment, the violator will receive a confirmation message on their mobile number.