WEARING SEATBELTS WHILE DRIVING-
Safety precautions are set keeping in mind people’s health and safety. Wearing seatbelts is one of the most important safety precautions that should be followed by people traveling in motor vehicles. Accidents may happen any time on the road, so it is safer if people take precautions beforehand; and in such situations, seatbelts can keep the motorists safer. Despite the benefits of wearing seatbelts there are increasing cases where motorists are found driving without wearing seatbelts.
PUNISHMENT FOR NOT WEARING SEATBELTS WHILE DRIVING-
- Before the amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act, if a person was found driving a motor vehicle without a seatbelt on, then the motorist would be challaned and fined Rs. 100.
- But, despite all the rules and punishments, the cases were increasing rapidly.
- Hence, in the amended Motor Vehicles Act, the amount of fine charged was increased to Rs. 1,000.
INCREASING SEATBELT VIOLATIONS IN KOLKATA-
- The Kolkata traffic police have reported a large number of cases where the drivers are found driving without seatbelts on.
- They have started strict checking for various traffic violations that are constantly increasing in Kolkata.
- The violators in Kolkata are issued e-challan nowadays.
- After a violator has been caught, the traffic police send them an e-challan to their registered mobile number.
- The violator can pay their fines by going to the nearest traffic police booth or online.
PAY FINE ONLINE IN KOLKATA-
- To pay the fine online, the motorist will need to visit the official website of the Kolkata traffic police department by clicking on http://www.wbtrafficpolice.com/online-fine-payments-via-grips.php
- On the homepage of the website, click on the ‘Pay Now’ option.
- Enter all the necessary details asked on the screen.
- Select the desired payment option.
- After the payment is successful, a confirmation message will be sent to the motorist’s mobile number.