Driver’s license is basically a certificate stating that the holder of the driver’s license is legally fit to drive a motor vehicle. The driver’s license is valid anywhere in India. Hence, it is very important for the driver to carry his/her driver’s license with them. According to a report by the traffic department in India, there are more than hundred cases where is the driver is not legal. This is the number that is recorded on a daily basis. The traffic police department conducts surprise checks at various checkpoints, and therefore it is a necessity for the motorists to carry their license.
SECTION 181 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
- Under Section 181 of the Motor Vehicles Act, the punishment for driving without a driver’s license is clearly stated.
- The section also mentions the punishment that the violator will have to face.
- It is noticed that the cases of driver’s without license is increasing, hence the punishment for this violations has also become strict.
- If any person is found driving without a driver’s license, the motorist will be challaned and will have to pay a fine of Rs. 5,000.
- This amount was increased from Rs. 500 after the amendment of the Motor vehicles Act.
- In Delhi, the violator can also be asked to do community service for this offense.
DRIVING WITHOUT LICENSE IN LUDHIANA-
- The Ludhiana traffic police have become strict in checking and punishing the traffic violators in the city.
- The new traffic system also helps the traffic police o identify the violators.
- And issuing challans to the violators has also become easier because of the e-challan system.
- The violators can their fines online and offline in Ludhiana.
- To pay their fines offline they can visit any traffic police booth in the city.
PAY FINES ONLINE IN LUDHIANA-
- To pay their fines online, the violator will first need to visit the official website of the Ludhiana traffic police department http://184.108.40.206/challan/
- Enter all the details asked on the screen, and click on the search option.
- Select the challan for the payment that needs to be made.
- Chose the payment option to complete the process.
- After the completion of the process, the violator will receive a confirmation message on their mobile number.