WEARING SEATBELTS WHILE DRIVING-
Helmets and seatbelts are for the safety of the motorists. In case of any mishaps, they help protect the motorists. Seatbelts are important not just for the driver but also for the passengers. This is the reason motorists are advised to always wear seatbelts while travelling in a motor vehicle. As a precaution wearing seatbelts is also made compulsory by the traffic authority. Despite this, there are many cases recorded on a daily basis where the motorists are found driving or travelling without seatbelts on.
PUNISHMENT FOR NOT WEARING SEATBELTS WHILE DRIVING-
- The rules and regulations for wearing seatbelts are clearly mentioned in the Motor Vehicles Act.
- Previously, the punishment for not wearing seatbelts while driving was Rs. 100.
- But, the number of cases was not affected despite the punishment.
- Hence, after the amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act, the fine was increased up to Rs. 1,000.
INCREASING VIOLATIONS IN AHMEDABAD-
The Ahmedabad traffic police department has reported that any cases are being recorded on a daily basis where the motorists are not driving without seatbelts on. The traffic police department conducts strict checks against people violating traffic rules.
- Challan will be issued to any person found not wearing a seatbelt while driving in Ahmedabad.
- The violators will also be liable to pay fines.
- After the installation of the CCTV cameras on various points near roads, identifying the violators has become easier.
- The violators can pay their fines online and offline in Ahmedabad.
PAY FINES ONLINE IN AHMEDABAD-
- To pay the fines online in Ahmedabad, the violator will first need to visit https://payahmedabadechallan.org/
- Now, the violator will need to enter their vehicle number asked, and click on the ‘Go’ option.
- A list of all the challans issued to the entered vehicle number will appear on the screen.
- Choose the challan for which the payment needs to be done.
- Enter all the necessary details.
- Select the payment option to complete the payment.
- After the completion of the payment, the violator will receive a confirmation message on their mobile number.