Keeping in mind the type of motor vehicle, the number of passengers allowed is pre-set by the traffic authorities. It is necessary for motorists to follow this rule because overloading passengers cause extra load on the motor vehicles. This may affect the motor vehicle negatively. Also, during the pandemic, it is advised that people maintain social distancing. Overloading passengers in the current situation is against the covid-19 guidelines set by the government. And this will lend a hand in spreading the disease as well.
SECTION 194A OF THE MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
- Section 194A of the Motor Vehicles Act mentions the rules and regulations for violations of the number of passengers in motor vehicles
- Before the amendment, the fine for overloading passengers was less, which was increased as it did not affect the number of violations much.
- After the amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act, the violator would be challaned and would have to pay a fine of Rs. 20,000.
- The violator will also have to pay Rs. 2,000 for every extra passenger that he/she is carrying on the motor vehicle.
- Additionally, the violator may also be asked to do community service.
- Not only this but the violator may also be asked to do a few community services for the violation committed.
OVERLOADING PASSENGERS IN RAJASTHAN-
The number of people travelling via motor vehicles had reduced by a great amount due to the pandemic.
- Even in public transport, the number of passengers seen was very less.
- But as the unlocking began, the number of people on road increased rapidly.
- There are many cases recorded on a daily basis where motor vehicles were found overloading passengers.
- The traffic police in Rajasthan have become strict in punishing the violators.
- The violators in Rajasthan receive e-challan.
- The violators can also pay their fines online and offline in Rajasthan.
PAY FINES ONLINE IN RAJASTHAN-
- To pay their fines online, the violators will need to visit their official website by going to http://echallanjaipur.rajasthan.gov.in/Home/Disclaimer
- Now click on the ‘Accept’ button that will appear on their screen.
- A menu will open on the screen, where the violator will need to enter all the details asked.
- Click on the ‘Search’ option. From the set of all the pending challans, select the challan whose payment is to be done.
- Select the payment option to complete the payment.
- After the completion of the payment, a confirmation message will be sent to the violator’s number.