FOLLOW TRAFFIC RULES WHILE DRIVING-
While driving on the motorists need to drive with full concentration. This is to keep themselves and other motorists safe. Any distraction while driving may lead to road accidents that can cause people to lose their lives. According to a report, at least half of the road accidents happening are because of people not following the traffic rules.
Rules are made keeping in mind people’s safety. If people violate them they put themselves and others in danger. One of the traffic violations that often cause a distraction to motorists is mobile phones. The traffic police department in India has reported that they challan many motorists for talking on the phone while driving, on a daily basis.
SECTION 177 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
- The rules and punishment for talking on the phone while driving are mentioned in detail under Section 177 of the Motor Vehicles Act.
- If a person is found talking or using a mobile phone while driving he/she will receive a challan and will be fined Rs. 5,000.
- Before the amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act, the fine for driving while talking on the phone is Rs. 1,000.
TALKING ON PHONES WHILE DRIVING IN DELHI-
These cases are high in cities like Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, and many other places.
- Delhi being one of the densely populated cities in India has reported a huge number of cases for such violations.
- The traffic police department in Delhi has made checking strict to curb the increasing traffic violations in the city.
- If a person is found talking on the phone while driving, then they immediately receive an e-challan.
- Identifying the violators has now become easier because of the new e-challan system that is being installed in multiple places throughout the city.
- When a violator is caught on camera, he/she immediately receives an e-challan.
They can pay their fines online or in any traffic police booth in New Delhi.
PAY FINES ONLINE IN DELHI-
- To pay their fines online, the violators will first need to visit the official website of the Delhi traffic police department. https://delhitrafficpolice.nic.in/notice/pay-notice
- Enter all the details asked on the screen.
- Select the payment method.
- After the payment is successful, the violator will receive a confirmation message on their registered mobile phone number.