TALKING ON THE PHONE WHILE DRIVING-
Any distraction while driving may lead to serious repercussions. A minor mistake may lead to fatal accidents on roads. This is why it is very important for motorists to drive without any distractions. It is often seen that the drivers talk on the phone while driving. The traffic nowadays is very heavy and in midst of this talking or using phones causes more distraction to the drivers. This causes unnecessary chaos and disruptions in the traffic.
Talking or using a mobile phone is one of the most serious offences. But, the motorists have taken this very lightly without thinking of the effects it may cause in one’s life.
PUNISHMENT FOR TALKING ON THE PHONE WHILE DRIVING-
- The rules and guidelines regarding talking on the phone while driving are mentioned in detail in the Motor Vehicles Act.
- The casual attitude of the motorist despite the punishment that the motorist will have to serve did not reduce the violation.
- This is the reason the punishment for talking on the phone while driving has been made strict after the amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act.
- If a motorist is caught using electronic devices or talking on the phone while driving in Ludhiana, the violator will be issued a challan and will need to pay a fine of Rs. 1,000 to Rs. 5,000, depending on the number of times you were fined for the same violation.
- This penalty is stated under the Amended Motor vehicles Act Section 177.
- Under the Maharashtra Motor Vehicles Rules section 250 (A) also has the punishment for this violation.
INCREASING TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS IN LUDHIANA-
In Ludhiana after the lockdown was removed, there was an abrupt increase in traffic violations.
- During the lockdown, the main focus of the traffic police in the country was on making sure that the covid-19 protocols were followed.
- This caused people to be more casual about the other rules.
- The Ludhiana traffic police are taking different measures to curb traffic violations.
- The violators can pay their fines online and offline in Ludhiana.
- To pay their fines offline, they can do so by visiting any Ludhiana traffic police booth.
PAY FINES ONLINE IN LUDHIANA-
- To pay the fines online, the violator will need to visit the official website of the Ludhiana traffic police by going to http://220.127.116.11/challan/
- Now, enter all the details asked on the screen, and click on the search button below.
- Select the challan for which the payment has to be made from the list of all challans on the screen. Choose the payment option.
- After the payment is successful, a confirmation message will be sent to the violator’s mobile number.