The drivers are responsible for not just their life but others too while driving. This is why drivers need concentration while driving. Even a minor distraction may lead to serious road mishaps that may be fatal to life. Talking on the mobile phone is one of the major distractions to motorists. Hence, the traffic authorities have made a rule that motorists are not allowed to talk on mobile phones while driving. The punishment if found talking or using a phone while driving is also very strict.
SECTION 177 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
- Section 177 of the Motor Vehicles Act mentions all the rules and punishment if a person is found talking or using a mobile phone while driving.
- If a person is found talking or using a mobile phone while driving he/she will receive a challan and will be fined Rs. 5,000.
- Before the amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act, the fine for driving while talking on the phone is Rs. 1,000.
TALKING ON THE PHONE WHILE DRIVING IN RAJASTHAN-
According to the traffic police department in Rajasthan, there is a large number of cases where motorists are found talking or using a mobile phone while driving. This violation causes road mishaps as the motorists are not focused while driving. To curb the violation, the Rajasthan traffic police department has become stricter in identifying and punishing motorists if found using or talking on the phone while driving. The violators are instantly sent e-challans. They can pay their fines online as well as offline in any traffic police booth.
PAY FINES ONLINE IN RAJASTHAN-
- To pay their fines online, the violators will need to visit their official website by going to http://echallanjaipur.rajasthan.gov.in/Home/Disclaimer
- Now click on the ‘Accept’ button that will appear on their screen.
- A menu will open on the screen, where the violator will need to enter all the details asked.
- Click on the ‘Search’ option. From the set of all the pending challans, select the challan whose payment is to be done.
- Select the payment option to complete the payment.
- After the completion of the payment, a confirmation message will be sent to the violator’s number.