SILENT ZONES –
Silent zones are referred to as those areas where there are generally schools, hospitals, and such infrastructure in a nearby region. Using horns in such areas is strictly prohibited because of the disturbances it may cause to the people in the nearby regions. There are strict rules and regulations regarding using horns and other devices emitting loud noises. And people have to follow the rules when traveling in such areas. Despite the strict rules for using horns in silent zones, there are cases where motorists were found using horns unnecessarily in silent zones.
SECTION 194F OF THE MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
- Under Section 194F of the Motor Vehicles Act, the rules and regulations that any motorist should follow while driving in a silent zone are mentioned in detail.
- Under Section 5A of the Noise Pollution Act, rules regarding driving in silent zones are also mentioned.
- Under this, if a person is found using a horn in a silent zone, and this is his/her first offence, then he/she will be challaned and will be fined Rs. 2,000.
- For a second and subsequent offence, the person will be challaned and will have to pay a fine of Rs. 4,000.
USING HORNS IN SILENT ZONES IN RAJASTHAN-
The violations of using horns in the silent zone are increasing rapidly in Rajasthan as well.
- People are always in such a hurry that, they don’t think about the disturbances that their actions might cause to others.
- This is why it is seen very often that motor vehicles use horns while driving even when the traffic is moving.
- To curb this, the Rajasthan traffic police department has started taking strict actions against the violators.
- The violators when identified receive an e-challan instantly.
- They can pay the fines offline or online in Rajasthan.
PAY FINES ONLINE IN RAJASTHAN-
- To pay their fines online, the violators will need to visit their official website by going to http://echallanjaipur.rajasthan.gov.in/Home/Disclaimer
- Now click on the ‘Accept’ button that will appear on their screen.
- A menu will open on the screen, where the violator will need to enter all the details asked.
- Click on the ‘Search’ option. From the set of all the pending challans, select the challan whose payment is to be done.
- Select the payment option to complete the payment.
- After the completion of the payment, a confirmation message will be sent to the violator’s number.