Every person including a motorist and a non-motorist is entitled to follow the rules and regulations when traveling on the road. These rules and regulations are set keeping in mind the safety of every person on the road. Rules like wearing seatbelts, stopping when the light turns red, letting people cross the zebra-crossings first are a few road regulations that need to be followed.
MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
The Motor Vehicles Act contains all the rules and guidelines that have to be followed by motorists and non-motorists.
- There are sections describing in detail all the rules that are to be followed while traveling on road.
- Despite all the rules and guidelines set by the government, there are a group of people who violate them.
- It’s a time where every person is in a hurry to reach somewhere, but that does not allow them to do so by violating the traffic rules.
- Due to the constant violations of road regulations, the number of road accidents happening in the country is also increasing.
ROAD REGULATIONS’ VIOLATIONS IN MUMBAI-
The number of violations is increasing more and more in the bigger cities in the country. The traffic police department in Mumbai has reported a hike in traffic violations after the implementation of lockdown. They are strict action against the violators in Mumbai. The Mumbai traffic police department is conducting special drives to curb the violations.
PUNISHMENT FOR VIOLATING ROAD REGULATIONS IN MUMBAI-
- If a person is found violating road regulations in Mumbai, he/she will be challaned and will have to pay a fine of Rs. 500.
- The amount of fine may be extended up to Rs. 1,000 depending upon the violation committed. The fine amount before the amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act was Rs. 100.
- The violators can pay their fines online or by going to the nearest traffic police booth in Mumbai.
PAY FINES ONLINE IN MUMBAI-
- To pay the fine online, the motorist will first need to visit the official website of the Mumbai traffic police department by going to https://mahatrafficechallan.gov.in/payechallan/PaymentService.htm?_qc=9fffe60a06a786cdd7fd23b8571c4fac
- Now, the motorist will need to enter the details like the vehicle number or the challan number, and other details asked on the screen.
- Choose the payment option to continue further.
After the payment is successful, the motorist will receive a confirmation message on their mobile number.