SPEED LIMIT VIOLATIONS-
The speed limit should be maintained by every motorist. The traffic department has set the speed limit keeping in mind the safety and smooth flowing of the traffic. Everyone is in a hurry to reach their destination, therefore it is seen that people often exceed the speed limit. Exceeding the speed limit can be very dangerous as it becomes difficult for motorists to get the vehicle under control instantly. Motorists should always drive under the speed limit because they can avoid mishaps on roads.
SECTION 189 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
- The rules and regulations regarding speed limits are mentioned in detail under Section 189 of the Motor Vehicles Act.
- If a motorist is found violating the speed limit for the first time, then a challan will be issued and a fine of Rs. 5,000 and/or 3 months of imprisonment.
- For second or subsequent violations, a fine of Rs. 10,000 and/or imprisonment up to 1 year.
- Before the amendment of the Motors Vehicles Act, the fine for speed violations was Rs. 500.
SPEED LIMIT VIOLATIONS IN AHMEDABAD-
- After the unlocking began in the country, the traffic violations in the country are increasing rapidly. One of the most common violations is exceeding the speed limit.
- The traffic police department in Ahmedabad has also reported a large number of speed limit violations.
- To curb the increasing speed limit violation, the traffic police in Ahmedabad are taking various measures.
- Now, the traffic police department instantly sends an e-challan to the violators.
- The violators can either pay their fines online or by going to the nearest traffic police booth.
PAY FINES ONLINE IN AHMEDABAD-
- To pay the fines online in Ahmedabad, the violator will first need to visit https://payahmedabadechallan.org/
- Now, the violator will need to enter their vehicle number asked, and click on the ‘Go’ option.
- A list of all the challans issued to the entered vehicle number will appear on the screen.
- Choose the challan for which the payment needs to be done.
- Enter all the necessary details.
- Select the payment option to complete the payment.
- After the completion of the payment, the violator will receive a confirmation message on their mobile number.