OVER-SPEEDING AND RACING ON ROADS-
Driving any motor vehicle makes the motorist responsible for the lives of their fellow passengers as well as the other motorists on the road. So, it is the duty of every motorist to abide by the rules and regulations of the traffic department. One of the most important rules is to drive within the speed limit set by the traffic department. But, there are many cases being recorded on a daily basis where the motorists have been found exceeding the speed limit set by the government.
SECTION 183 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
- The rules and the regulations that the motorists have to follow regarding speed limit and racing are mentioned under Section 183 of the Motor Vehicles Act.
- Previously, if a motorist was found over-speeding or racing then the violator would be fined Rs. 500.
- But, seeing as the cases of over-speeding and racing were increasing continuously, the fine amount was increased.
- After the amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act, if a motorist is found speeding or racing then h/she will be challaned and will be fined Rs. 5,000 and/or 3 months of imprisonment for the first-time offense.
- For second or subsequent violations the fines will be Rs. 10,000 and/or 1 year of imprisonment and community service.
- If a motorist needs to take part in any race or speed trial of vehicles in public places, a written permit from the state government is necessary.
- If the motorist does not have any written permission from the state government then it is illegal.
SPEED VIOLATIONS IN LUDHIANA-
- The Ludhiana traffic police have also now updated their traffic system.
- This enables identifying the traffic violators easily.
- The traffic police department in Ludhiana has become strict in punishing the violators.
- The violators can pay the fine online and offline in the nearest Ludhiana traffic police booth.
PAY FINES ONLINE IN LUDHIANA-
- To pay the fine online in Ludhiana, the violator will first need to visit their official website by going to http://22.214.171.124/challan/
- Enter all the details asked on the screen.
- Click on the search option.
- From the list of the pending challans that will appear on the screen, select the one to make the payment.
- Select the payment process.
- After the completion of the payment, the violator will receive a confirmation message on the registered mobile number.