DRIVING WITHIN SPEED LIMIT-
Maintaining speed limits is very important while driving. The speed limit is already decided by the traffic authorities keeping in mind various factors. Every driver is advised to drive at a limited speed so that in case of any mishap, the driver can control the speed of the vehicle. Driving within the speed limit helps motorists avoid many road mishaps.
But, there are many cases recorded every day where the drivers are found driving without a seatbelt on. The traffic police in Rajasthan when conducting various checks implement strict punishment on such violators.
SECTION 189 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
Section 189 of the Motor Vehicles Act mentions all the rules and guidelines that motorists need to follow regarding speed limit and its violations.
- If a motorist is found violating the speed limit for the first time, then a challan will be issued and a fine of Rs. 5,000 and/or 3 months of imprisonment.
- For second or subsequent violations, a fine of Rs. 10,000 and/or imprisonment up to 1 year.
- Before the amendment of the Motors Vehicles Act, the fine for speed violations was Rs. 500.
SPEED VIOLATIONS IN RAJASTHAN-
- In Rajasthan, the traffic department has reported a large number of speed violations.
- The speed violations in the state have especially increased rapidly after the unlocking.
- As the main focus of the traffic police department throughout the country was on maintain the covid-19 protocols, the number of violators have increased in number.
- Now, the traffic police department instantly sends an e-challan to the violators.
- The violators can either pay their fines online or by going to the nearest traffic police booth.
PAY FINES ONLINE IN RAJASTHAN-
- To pay their fines online, the violators will need to visit their official website by going to http://echallanjaipur.rajasthan.gov.in/Home/Disclaimer
- Now click on the ‘Accept’ button that will appear on their screen.
- A menu will open on the screen, where the violator will need to enter all the details asked.
- Click on the ‘Search’ option. From the set of all the pending challans, select the challan whose payment is to be done.
- Select the payment option to complete the payment.
- After the completion of the payment, a confirmation message will be sent to the violator’s number.