WHY ARE SEATBELTS NECESSARY?
Seatbelts are for safety reasons for people in motor vehicles. Not only the drivers but even the passengers are advised to wear seatbelts while traveling. The seatbelts protect the passengers and drivers if case of any accidents. Hence, it is always advised that the drivers and the passengers wear seatbelts at all times. But there are many cases where not on the passengers but even the drivers were found not wearing seatbelts while driving.
RULES FOR WEARING SEATBELTS-
- In the Motor Vehicles Act, the rules for wearing seatbelts are mentioned in detail.
- Previously, the punishment for not wearing seatbelts while driving was Rs. 100.
- After the amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act, the fine was increased up to Rs. 1,000.
NOT WEARING SEATBELTS WHILE DRIVING IN DELHI-
The traffic police department in Delhi has reported a hike in traffic violations. Hence, they are conducting drives to ensure that people are following the traffic rules.
- If a person is caught driving a motor vehicle in Delhi without wearing a seatbelt, then they will receive a challan and will be liable to pay the fine.
- After the installation of the e-challan system in Delhi, the violators are identified through the CCTV cameras installed on the roads.
- The violators receive the e-challan in their mobile phone through an SMS.
PAY FINE ONLINE IN DELHI-
Paying their fines online in Delhi has been made easier through online portal launched by the Delhi traffic police department.
- For paying the fine online, you will need to go to the official website of the Delhi traffic police department by clicking on https://delhitrafficpolice.nic.in/notice/pay-notice
- Now, you will need to enter all the details asked on the screen.
- Select the metod of payment to continue further.
- After the payment is successful, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile phone.