INCREASE IN VIOLATIONS-
As the second wave of the covid-19 has come under control, the state and the central governments are giving various relaxations to the people in the state and the country respectively. A limited time during the day is allowed where offices, schools, malls, markets are allowed to open. But, nighttime curfew is still implemented in the country.
With more and more relaxations that are being granted to the people, the number of violations regarding covid-19 rules is also increasing. In many places in the country, a large number of violations are being recorded.
TRAFFIC VIOLATOR ABUSES TRAFFIC COP-
But, amidst all this, there are even cases where the violators instead of admitting their mistakes abuse and attack the traffic police officials. Such a case was recently reported in Pune. When a motorist was held by a traffic cop in Pune, started abusing and attacking the cop.
- On 23rd July 2021, traffic police stopped a motorist who was driving on the wrong side of the road.
- Not only that, but the violator was out during the night curfew which is another violation.
- And when stopped by the traffic cop, the violator started abusing and attacking the traffic cop in Pune.
Sub-inspector Sachin Khetmalis reported that when the violator was stopped and asked for his driving license by the police, he said he left it at home. Jadhav, the traffic cop, then affixed jammer on the bike. This angered the motorist and he then started abusing Jadhav.
ARREST OF THE VIOLATOR-
- The violator is 24 years old, Tabriz Kumbharlikar from Shivnerinagar.
- He was driving on the wrong side of the road near the PMPML bus stop.
- But he was stopped at the Kondhwa Khurd.
- The violator was then sent to jail for 14 days.
- He was charged and was taken to court.
- The Pune Cantonment Court asked him to be sent to a magisterial custody remand.
- He was sent to a temporary jail at Yerawada.